PEASE Academy: an acronym for Peers Enjoying a Sober Education, is the oldest recovery high school in the United States, serving students in recovery since February 1989. Located in the heart of Dinkytown, PEASE Academy offers an incredible array of opportunities that can be found at the University of Minnesota and the thriving metropolitan area of the Twin Cities.
PEASE Academy is a campus of Minnesota Transitions Charter School and is open to qualifying students from any school district in Minnesota. We are an accredited four-year high school whose graduates have gone on to the Step Up Program at Augsburg College, University of Minnesota – Twin Cities and Duluth, Metropolitan State University, Minneapolis College of Art and Design, North Dakota State University, and numerous community and technical colleges throughout the metropolitan area. PEASE Academy encourages all students to plan for post-secondary education and assists students in realizing these goals.
PEASE Academy offers a variety of supports to assist students in maintaining their sobriety:
- An on-site full-time chemical dependency counselor who can meet with students and families
- Weekly Sobriety Support Groups
- ln-School Sobriety Check-In, twice a week
- Daily Peer support Team meetings
- An Individual Sobriety Plan developed by the student and her/his advisor
- Indivudal support from advisor and/or other staff
- Peer outreach and networking
- Sober social activities
- Monthly parent meetings
- Relationship based teaching